Rurikoji Temple is a historical park which has a Five-Storied Pagoda connected to an Ouchi feudal lord and historical sites of the Meiji Restoration.
A national treasure, the Five-Storied Pagoda, which is the symbol of Yamaguchi City, is enshrined at Rurikoji Temple. This park is a special feature of sightseeing in Yamaguchi, especially the Five-Storied Pagoda which is Japan’s leading beauty and is designated as one of the three famous pagodas in Japan. The Five-Storied Pagoda is illuminated every night. (Untill 10pm)
|Location||In Kozankoen Park, Kozan-cho, Yamaguchi-shi|
|Opening hours||9:00 – 17:00 ※Goshuin, letter bearing the shogun's scarlet seal, and Rurikoji Temple resource center are available during these hours.|
|Access||20 minutes’ walk from JR Yamaguchi Station on the JR Yamaguchi Line.
Yamaguchi Community Bus is available. Use “Ouchi Route” bus and get off at the bus stop “65th Kozankoen Gojunotoumae”.
|Parking||Available (Kozankouen Parking for about 100 passenger cars)|
- Wi-Fi Available (Yamaguchi City Kozan Park Tourism Information Center)
- Wheelchairs Rental Available (Yamaguchi City Kozan Park Tourism Information Center)
- Nursing facility Available(A diaper changing table is set up in the lavatory at the Kozan Park Tourism Information Center)
- Lavatory Available (Kozankouen Park)
- Priority facility for handicapped Available