The Old Yamaguchi Feudal Administration Office Gate was the front gate of Yamaguchi Seijido surrounded by the latest Western style castle in the end of Edo period.
This gate was the front gate of “Yamaguchi Seijido” and built when the Domain headquarters was moved from Hagi to Yamaguchi in 1864, later designated as a Prefectural Important Cultural Property. The site is surrounded by a Western style castle, which was the most modern at that time, and still has the ditch which composed the castle as it was.
|Location||1-1 Takimachi, Yamaguchi-shi|
|Phone||083-934-2810 (Tourism exchange department of Yamaguchi City)|
|Access||10 minutes’ walk from JR Yamaguchi Station on the JR Yamaguchi Line.
Near the bus stop “ Kencho mae” of Bochokotsu and JR Bus.
Yamaguchi Community Bus is available. Use “Ouchi Route” bus and get off at the bus stop “63-3rd Kencho tomon” and walk 3 minutes.
|Parking||Available (Kyukenkaigijidomae Parking for about 40 passenger cars, Yamaguchi Prefectural Office Parking is available on weekdays)|